Ghorepani Poon Hill Trekking
Durations :11 Days
Trek Duration: 09 Days
Max. Elevation:3,210 Meters
Trek Grade: Easy
Trek Style: Tea House Trek
Journey Starts/Ends: Kathmandu, Nepal
Best Season: March – May, Sept. – Dec.
Accommodation: Comfortable hotels in Pokhara and local lodges on the trek.
Culture:Mixed culture based on Gurung Thakal and Magar
Group Size:Min.1 Max.10
Ghorepani-Poonhill Trekking is the 2nd most popular trekking routes in Nepal after Annapurna Base Camp Trekking, among native and foreign tourists as it is easily accessible and short trekking routes from beautiful city Pokhara.Ghorepani (2874m)-Poonhill (3210m) area the home of Dhauligiri Range Mountains is an earthly heaven for the mountain lovers as it overlooks the breathtaking Himalayan panorama including the Gurja Peak, Mt Tukuche, Mt Dhampus, Mt Nilgiri, Annapurna-1, Annapurna South, Mt Himchuli, Mt Gangpurna and Mt Machhapuchhere (Fish Tail).The trek will start from Nayapul (An hour drive from Pokhara), from where the fun part of trek begins. Initially you will follow the course of village and its scenic beauty; The Farmland, Green hills and Waterfalls. After you reach Ghorepani the View of Mt. Annapurna and Mt. Dhaulagiri can be enjoyed. Poon hill offers the view of Mountains and Sunrise which is probably is the single most done thing in the trekking Universe. One more attraction to this trek is “Ghandruk Village” an inhabitants of Gurungs also Known as “Gurkhas”. The best scene here is the sunrise time with spreading rays over mighty mountains leaving tourists here thrilled and amazed with its beauty. The area is rich in its natural as well as its cultural diversity. The area beholds the mixed culture of Gurungs, Magars and Thakalis which makes them unique. And hence one can enjoy the true cultural diversity throughout this trekking.
Itenary of Ghorepani Poon Hill Trekking
Arrival in Kathmandu airport (1345meters) Transfer to Hotel. Overnight at hotel on BB plan.
Kathmandu full day sight-seen with tour guide .
Drive to Pokhara (910m/2986ft.) by tourist bus. Driving to 6 hours, Overnight at Hotel
Drive to Naya Pul (New Bridge) for an hour and trek to Tikhe Dhunga (1495m/4905ft). Trekking 3-4 hours, Overnight at guest house.
Tikhe Dhunga to Ghorepani (2850m/9350ft). Trekking 5-6 hours, Overnight at guest house.
Ghorepani to Poon Hill to Tadapani (2520m/8268ft). Trekking 5-6 hours, Overnight at guest house.
Tadapani to Ghandruk (2310m/7579ft). Trekking 5-6 hours, Overnight at guest house.
Ghandruk to Jhinu( Hot spring) (3150m/10335ft).Trekking 5-6 hours, Overnight at guest house.
Jhinu to Trek to Naya Pul; then drive to Pokhara and flight to Kathmandu. Trekking 4-5 hrs and drive for an hour.
Drive/Fly to kathmandu
After breakfast, will drop you to the Kathmandu international airport for your final flight departure from Nepal.
Trip / Package Includes
* Airport pick up and drop off from/to hotel.
* 2 nights Hotel in Kathmandu on B/B basis.
* 2 night hotel in Pokhara on B/B basis.
* Necessary Permit & National Park fees.
* TIMS(Trekkers’ Information Management System) Fee.
* Necessary land transportation.
* Trekking accommodation at lodge(Tea House) &food(breakfast,lunch,dinner) during the trek.
* During the trek and required staffs.
* Normal filter water will be provided.
* Meals, accommodation, salary, insurance, for the trekking guide and potter.
* Kathmandu City tour by private Car/Van.
* Farewell Dinner .
* Lunch and dinner during Kathmandu & Pokhara Stay.
* Clients’ travel insurance (compulsory).
* International airfare and airport departure tax.
* Nepal entry visa fee.
* Personal expenses such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks and mineral water etc.
* Personal trekking gear.
* Tips for trekking staffs and driver etc
* All expenses which are not mention in price include section.