Upper Rolwaling Trek
Trip Duration: 19 Days
Trek Duration: 15 Days
Max. Elevation: 5,700 Meters
Trek Grade: hard
Trek Style: Tea House Trek
Best Season: Feb – May, Sept. – Dec.
Journey Starts/Ends: Kathmandu, Nepal
Accommodation: Comfortable hotels in Kathmandu local lodges on the trek.
No of pax: – 01 min
Cost: – on request
Upper Rolwaling trek is all about thrilling adventure in tranquil forests with picturesque village and jaw-dropping mountain views. A Ten-day trek from Kathmandu valley, in the Upper Rolwaling Trek, enthusiasts could ascend up to the altitude of 3,800m from sea level. Rolwaling is camping trek and requires Gauri-Shankar Conservation Area permits.
Located in eastern part of Nepal, Rolwaling borders the Khumbu region where the highest peak of the world Mt. Everest towers the planet. The region is the homeland of the Sherpa ethnicity, a typical section of mountain friendly population. The Rolwaling region is known for remote landscape and rugged trails relatively undiscovered by tourists and trekkers. An isolated section of Nepal with a taste of the world famous Everest region and magnificent mountain views, Rolwaling offers an insight into Buddhist culture and regal monasteries on the way. Rolwaling trek begins just off the highway to Tibet frontier from Kathmandu and reaches up to the remote route to Khumbu by traversing the highly challenging Tashi Lapcha High Pass. Traditional Sherpa villages surrounded by dense forests and an unforgettable view of panoramic view of Gauri-Shankar (7145m), Melungtse (7181m) gives you goosebumps.
Arrive Kathmandu (1300m/4264ft)
Kathmandu valley sightseeing and trek preparation.
Kathmandu to Dolakha, and Singati (1,020m/3445ft),6- 7 hrs drive.
Singati trek to Jagat (1250m/4,100ft), 5-6hrs.
Jagat trek to Simigaon (2025m/6643ft), 5-6hrs.
Day 06 :
Simigaon trek to Donga (2800m/9185ft), 5-6 hrs.
Donga trek to Beding (3690m/12,105), 5 – 6 hrs.
Day 08 :
Bedding acclimatization and exploration day.
Beding Trek to Na (4185m/13,730ft), 5 -6 hrs.
Na rest and acclimatization day. Excursion towards Yalung Pass and glacier views.
Na Trek to Nyiduk Kongma (4750m/15,582 ft), 5 -6 hrs.
Nyiduk Kongma Trek to Drolumbau Glacier (5205m/17,075ft), 5 -6 hrs.
Drolumbau Glacier Trek to Teshi Lapche La (5755m/18880ft) and decent to Camp at (5460m/17910), 7 -8 hrs.
Camp Trek to Thame (3805m/12,482ft), 7 – 8 hrs.
Thame Trek to Khumjung (3871m/12,700ft), 2-3 hrs.
Khumjung Trek to – Monjo (2840m/9,317ft), 4-5hrs.
Monjo Trek to – Lukla (2642m/8,405ft), 4-5hrs.
Lukla Fly to Kathmandu (35min. flight).
Note: Above itinerary can be customized at your request.
* All airport/Hotel transfers.
* Accommodation in Kathmandu for 3 nights on BB plan.
* Welcome and farewell dinner.
* City tour by private transport.
* Full meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) during the trek.
* All mountain accommodation (comfortable twin sharing the private room but share bathroom).
* Domestic flight (Kathmandu /Lukla / Kathmandu).
* Airport taxes.
* An experienced English-speaking trek guide (Govt. registered trekking guide porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers: 1 porter).
* Guide & porter salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food, and lodging.
* All necessary paperwork and permits (National Park Permit & TIMS ).
* A comprehensive medical kit.
* All government and local taxes.
* Breakfast Lunch and dinner during Kathmandu Stay
* Clients’ travel insurance
* Personal expenses such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks and mineral water etc
* Personal trekking gear
* Tips for trekking staffs and driver etc
* All expenses which are not mentioned in price include section.