Upper Dolpa Trekking
- Durations : 24 Days
- Price:On Request
- Max Elevation:5200 Meters
- Grade: Hard
- Journey Starts / Ends: Kathmandu Nepal
- Culture: Tibetan Culture
- Group Size:Min.2 and Above
- Mode of trekking: Tea house
- Best Seasons :Sep to Nov and Feb to June
Mostly known through movie and books like ‘Himalayan Pilgrimage, ‘The Snow Leopard’ and ‘The Caravan'; Dolpo region remains still a mystery for many. The trekking route that reflects a mixed cultural (Nepali and Tibetan) lifestyle; Dolpa Circuit comprises Dhaulagiri massif to the Tibetan (ranging from 1650 m/ 5,412ft to 5136 m/16,846ft) highlands including Shey-Phoksundo National Park with the deepest mountain lake in the country. Upper Dolpo is basically a Tibetan region in the West of Nepal; we can see many Buddhist and Bonpo (shamanistic pre Buddhist) monasteries on the way to Dolpo. The Dolpo region full of amazingly beautiful and thrilling viewpoints offers unspoiled mountain trekking experiences. The region has great landscape, inhabited by hardy an enterprising folk living in some of the altitudinal villages in the world.
Itenary of Upper Dolpa Trekking
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu International Airport and meet with our airport representative at the airport and transfer to Hotel by private car. Overnight at Hotel. Day 02: Sightseeing around Kathmandu Valley and make preplan for the trek. Day 03: Fly Kathmandu to Nepalgunj.(45 min) Day 04: Fly from Nepalgunj to Jhupal and trek to Dunai(2150m) Trekking 5-6hrs, Overnight at Lodge. Day 05: Trek to Hanke(2600m) Trekking 5-6hrs, Overnight at Lodge. Day 06: Trek to Sumdo(3000m) Trekking 5-6hrs, Overnight at Lodge. Day 07: Trek to Shey Phoksundo Lake(3738m) Trekking 5-6hrs, Overnight at Lodge. Day 08: Rest day .Observe the shey phoksundo lake. Day 09: Trek to Numla Phedi(5000m) Trekking 5-6hrs, Overnight at Lodge Day 10: Numla Bagala Pass(5190m) Trekking 5-6hrs, Overnight at Lodge. Day 11: Trek to Tokyu Trekking 5-6hrs, Overnight at Lodge. Day 12: Trek to Dho(4040m) Trekking 5-6hrs, Overnight at Lodge. Day 13: Trek to Guru Gompay. Trekking 5-6hrs, Overnight at Lodge. Day 14: Trek to Charka La Phedi(4900m) Trekking 5-6hrs, Overnight at Lodge. Day 15: Charka La Pass, and camp at Sachen Gumba Trekking 5-6hrs, Overnight at Lodge. Day 16: Trek to Thajang Chu Phedi ,Trekking 5-6hrs, Overnight at Lodge. Day 17: Trek to sangda Phedi, Trekking 5-6hrs, Overnight at Lodge. Day 18: Trek to sangda ,Trekking 5-6hrs, Overnight at Lodge. Day 19 Trek to Phalayak, Trekking 5-6hrs, Overnight at Lodge. Day 20: Trek to Jomsom. Trekking 5-6hrs, Overnight at Lodge. Day 21: Fly to Pokhara Day 22: Fly /drive to Kathmandu Day 23: Rest Day in Kathmandu Day 24: Departure from Kathmandu to your onward destinatio.
Trip / Package Includes
* All pickups and drops from and to the airport by private vehicle
* All hotel charges in Kathmandu on BB plan.
* A guided city tour in Kathmandu.
* All Standard meals during the trek. (Breakfast-Lunch-Dinner).
* An English speaking Trekking Guide, Local porters (1porter for 2 peoples), their food & accommodation, salary, equipments & insurance.
* Twin sharing accommodations in lodges. (All during the trek).
* Ground transport by express bus to Aarughat and back to Kathmandu from Beshisahar.
* All required fee in national parks, resticated area permit and conservation areas.
* Food, accommodation, equipment, salary, insurance, medicine for all trekking staffs.
* (TIMS)Trekkers information Management System.
* First Aid kit.
* Required Down Jacket and Sleeping Bag. (Needs to be return after the trek)
* All surface transfers from and to Kathmandu.
* All Official Expenses.
* Farewell Dinner.
* All Government taxes of Nepal.
Trip / Package Excludes
* Nepal Visa fee (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs).
* International airfare to and from Kathmandu.
* Excess baggage charges.
* Extra night accommodation/s in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from the mountain(due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
* Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu(and also in the case you return early from the mountain than the scheduled itinerary)
* Travel and rescue insurance.
* All Bar bills ‘alcoholic and other drinks’. (Hot and cold).
* Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc).
* Tips for guides and porters.
* Emergency Evacuation like: different medicine, helicopter rescue etc