Trip Duration: 176 Days
Trek Duration: 12 Days
Max. Elevation: 4,300 Meters
Trek Grade: Hard
Trek Style: Tea House Trek/camp
Best Season: Feb – May, Sept. – Dec.
Journey Starts/Ends: Kathmandu, Nepal
Accommodation: Comfortable hotels in Kathmandu and local lodges or tent on the trek.
No of pax :- 01 minimum
Cost: – on request
Trek to the largest and deepest lake of the nation with the circumference of nearly 13 km, Rara Lake is one of the most popular destinations among domestic tourists. The trek is the best alternative for those who have got the sense of adventure but lack comfortable time to observe Nepal’s wilderness and natural beauty. The largest lake lies in the remote Mugu District in Karnali Province of western Nepal. To promote the tourism the provincial government has declared ‘Rara Visit Year 2018-2019’.
Located at 3200 meters from sea level, Rara is 167 meters deep covering area of 10.8 square kilometers. It is known for the various colors of the water at different times of the day. Situated inside Rara National Park, Rara overlooks a scenic mountainous panorama including Sisne and Kanjirowa Himal. To the north, it stretches up to the Tibetan frontier. The lake is a few days trek from the mountain airport at Jumla, the most usual starting point for Rara Lake trek. Trekkers using the air route should be aware of the pre-bookings because planes are not regular and tickets are not so easily available.
There is an alternative trekking route to Rara from the area of Dolpo to the east and Khaptad National Park to the southwest, while Karnali highway is already in operation making it easy access Rara. Trekking to Nepal’s largest lake, Rara is mainly popular during summer, spring and autumn. Rocky terrain and views of rare mountainous wild animals are primary attractions.
A full day sightseeing within the Kathmandu valley.
Fly to Nepalgunj (200m).
Fly to Simikot, (2950m).
Simikot trek to Gagru, (2650m).
Gagru trek to Gatya Khola, (2800m).
Gatya Khola trek to Pangkha, (2800m)(Via Margo La pass, 4300m).
Pangkha trek to Puma Lekh, (2800m).
Puma Lekh trek to Melchham (2800m).
Melchham trek to Darma, (2550m).
Darma trek to Changkheli (3800m).
Changkheli trek to Banwa (2500m).
Banwa trek to Rara, (2980m).
Explore Rara Lake.
Rara Lake trek to Talcha Airport, (2800m).
Fly to Nepalgunj and to Kathmandu.
* Accommodations in Kathmandu with breakfast.
* Twin sharing basis hotel in Nepalgunj.
* All meals during the treks.
* All camping and cooking equipment.
* All camping Charges.
* Clients Airfare Kathmandu / Nepalgunj / Simikot & Talcha/Nepalgunj /Kathmandu.
* Necessary Permit & National Park fees.
* TIMS (Trekkers’ Information Management System) Fee.
* Necessary land transportation tourist bus/ car.
* During the trek and required staffs.
* Meals, accommodation, salary, insurance, for the trekking guide and potter.
* All pickup and drop services.
* Sightseeing in Kathmandu.
* Breakfast Lunch and dinner during Kathmandu Stay.
* Clients’ travel insurance.
* Personal expenses such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, and mineral water etc.
* Personal trekking gear.
* Tips for trekking staffs and driver etc.
* All expenses which are not mentioned in price include section.