Pisang Peak Climbing
- Durations: 21 Days
- Price: On Request
- Max Elevation: 6,092 Meters
- Types of Trek: Camping/Tea House
- Trek Grade: Medium / Hard
- Activity: Trekking + Climbing
- Journey Starts / Ends: Katmandu Nepal
- Culture: Based on Sherpa , Gurung Tibetan
- Group Size: Min.2 and Above
- Best Season: Sep to Nov and March to May
The Pisang Peak Climbing (6,091 m) sometimes known as ‘Jong Ri’ is one of the most popular trekking peaks falling in Annapurna Circuit. In fact this peak is named after a village in Manag District. It is on the way to the highest pass of the world and offers good scope for exploration. However the western flank of the mountain is guarded by a hanging glacier and offers considerable challenge. Additionally this trekking peak offers some of the rarest fantabulous panoramic view of Manang Valley along with Annapurna group namely Tilicho Peak, Annapurna II and IV, Ghangapurna and the Glacier Dome. Further this trip was first conquered by a German Expedition team in 1955. Moreover Pisang Peak seeks more technical knowhows as it goes through Thorong La Pass which is the highest pass of the world.
Itinerary of Pisang Peak Climbing
Arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu and transfer you to your hotel by private vehicle.
Kathmandu city tour with tour guide.
Drive to Beshishahar (830m/2,723ft), 6-7 hrs drive
Beshishahar Trek to Bahundanda (1,310m/4,298ft), 5-6 hrs trekking.
Bahundanda Trek to Chamje (1,410m/4,626ft), 5-6 hrs trekking.
Chamje Trek to Dharapani (1,960m/6,430ft), 5-6 hrs trekking.
Dharapani Trek to Chame (2,710m/8,891ft), 6-7 hrs trekking.
Chame Trek to Lower Pisang (3,700m/12,139ft), 5-6 hrs trekking.
Pisang Trek to Upper Pisang & preparation for climbing (3,810 m/12,497ft).
Upper pisang Trek to Base Camp (4,380 m/14,36ft).
Base camp Trek to Pisang Peak High Camp ( 5400m/17,712ft).
High Camp – Pisang Peak Summit (6,092 m/19,982ft) & hike back to Upper Pisang.
Upper Pisang to Manang Valley (3,500m/11,482ft), 4-5 hrs trekking.
Acclimatization day at Manang (3,500m/11,482ft).
Manang Trek to Yak Kharka (4,110m/13,484ft), 3-4 hours trekking.
Yak Kharka Trek to Throng Phedi (4,400m/14,432), 3-4 hrs trekking.
Throng Phedi Trek to Throng La (5,416m/17,765 ft) to Muktinath (3,800/12,467ft), 7-8 hrs trekking.
Muktinath Trek to Jomsom (2,570m/8,430ft), 5-6 hrs trekking.
Fly from Jomsom to Pokhara, 25 minutes flight.
Pokhara- Kathmandu 7-8 hrs drive.
Departure from Kathmandu.
- Kathmandu International airport arrival & departure transfer by private comfortable Car/van/ Hiace.
- 3 Nights accommodations on B/B Plan twin sharing in Kathmandu at standard hotel.
- Round Trip from Jomsom to Pokhara flight fare for guests & guide with all taxes.
- English Speaking experienced Sherpa Govt. Trained/Licensed holder guide for entire trek & Island Peak climbing guide.
- Porter (1 porter between 2 Person basis, max 30 kgs per porter) for entire trek.
- Full board accommodation of lodges and guesthouses.
- Full Board basis meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner with tea/coffee) as per the itinerary.
- Surface transportation as per itinerary.
- Insurance, daily wages, equipment and all meals & lodges of porters and guide in whole trek.
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu city (Swayambunath, Buddha nath Stupa, Kumari temple/durbar square & paten durbar square by tour guide and car/driver (5-6 hrs tour).
- Necessary fixed and dynamic ropes and kitchen crew/first aid kit).
- NMA Climbing permit for Pisang peak and Trekking Permit and TIMS card will be provided.
- Experience and Government license holder climbing Sherpa guide as per group size
- Equipment Charge of Climbing Sherpa.
- Garbage Clearance Deposit to NMA( we will pay our self for this Deposit).
- Farewell Dinner in Kathmandu before departure from Kathmandu.
- Government taxes & Other Applicable Fees.
- High altitude food and all climbing crew will be available.
- Nepal Visa fees (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs).
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu.
- Travel & Health Insurance- Emergency Helicopter Rescue Insurance (most recommended).
- Extra night accommodation/s in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from the mountain (due to any reason) than scheduled itinerary.
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu (also in case of early return from mountain than scheduled itinerary).
- Any alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, boiled & mineral water, beverages, deserts etc
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc).
- Tips for guides and porters.
- Ice fall fees Garbage Deposit (Sharing with other member) if applicable.
- Unforeseen cost such as flight cancellation or delayed, sick in trek, and helicopter rescue in trek. Cost due to bad weather etc which is out of our control.
- Any other cost, which is not mentioned in Cost Includes items as above.