Nar Phu Trekking
Nar-phu Trip Facts
- Duration:15 Days
- Price:On Request
- Max Elevation:5200 Meter
- Trek Grade: Hard
- Trek Style: Tea House Trek
- Journey Start /End: Kathmandu Nepal
- Best Season: Sep to Nov and Feb to June
- Accommodation: Comfortable hotels in Kathmandu and Pokhara and local lodges on the trek.
- Culture: Mixed culture with Gurungs & Thakalis
- Group Size: Min.1 and above
Nar-Phu is one of the newest trekking areas in Nepal. More of a cultural excursion trekking region Nar and Phu are ancient villages comprising ageless way of life in Tibetan model. Generally combined with Annapurna Trail trekking Nar-Phu trekking route is full of exhilarating rugged landscape and jaw dropping vistas. Just opened in 2002 Nar-Phu trekking area follows the Annaprna Circuit via narrow canyons, forests, Monasteries surrounded by some of the tallest peaks in the world. Narphu Trekking is one of the most important religious sites in Nepal Himalaya, also popular for its landscape features and Himalayan views in Annapurna Himalayan range. You can find lovely forests, amazing rock formations, yaks, Monasteries, Kang La Pass and unique Himalayan cultures in this trek.Trekking the standard Annapurna circuit, the bridge leading over the Maryland River to the steep portals of the Nar/Phu valley system is easily missed, but although the entrances is narrow and forested, the valley system above opens up to a huge expanse of high snow-peaks, ancient villages and high altitude grazing settlements. Buddhist pilgrims from around Nepal might accompany us up to Phu to visit the renowned Tashi Lhakhang monastery and receive a blessing from Lama Karma Sonam Rinpochhe.
Itenary of Nar Phu Trekking
Arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu and transfer you to your hotel by private vehicle.
Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley by private vehicle with an expert tour guide.
Kathmandu to Besisahar (820m) by bus or private vehicle. It takes (6-7 hrs) then next vehicle to Chamje (1470 m) (2/3 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Trek to Danaque (2260m) Trekking 6-7 hrs, stay overnight at lodge.
Trek to Koto (2620m) Trekking 6-7 hrs, stay overnight at lodge.
Trek to Meta (3230m) Trekking 8-9 hrs .stay overnight at lodge.
Trek to Phu village (4050m) Trekking 8-9 hrs, stay overnight at lodge.
Explore the Phu village and excursion the Himlung base camp.
Trek to Nar village (4150m) Trekking 8-9 hrs stay overnight at lodge
Explore Nar village
Trek to Ngawal along the high pass of Kang La Pass (5130m) Trekking 8-9 hrs, stay overnight at lodge
Trek to Chame (2620m) Trekking 8-9 hrs, stay overnight at lodge
Back from Chame to Besisahar by local jeep takes time (5 hrs)
Besi sahar to Kathmandu (6 hrs) drive and stay at Kathmandu Hotel.
Drop you off at Tribhuvan International Airport by private vehicle.
Nar-phu Trip Includes:
* All airport/hotel transfers
* Three nights in star hotel in Kathmandu two nights in star hotel in Pokhara with breakfast
* Farewell dinner
* All accommodation and meals during the trek
* A full day sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley including tour guide
* Domestic flights (Pokhara-Jomsom-Pokhara) and airport departure taxes
* Kathmandu-Pokhara-Kathmandu transport via Tourist bus
* An experienced English-speaking trek leader (trekking guide), assistant trek leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide) and Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter) including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
* Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag and trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion)
* A comprehensive medical kit
* Nar Phu Valley entry Annapurna Conservation Area Project (ACAP) fees, a special permit for Nar Phu valley (See the ‘Trekking Permits’ link under ‘Trekking Info’ for current fees)
* All our government taxes and official expenses.
Nar-phu Trip Excludes :
* Nepal Visa fee (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs)
* International airfare to and from Kathmandu * Excess baggage charges
* Extra night accommodation/s in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from the mountain(due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
* Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu(and also in the case you return early from the mountain than the scheduled itinerary) * Travel and rescue insurance
* Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc) * Tips for guides and porters
Thank you for your rating.