Langtang Valley Trekking
Lantang Valley Trip Facts:
- Duration: 10 Days
- Price: On Request
- Max. Elevation: 5,033 Meters
- Best Season: March – May, Sept. – Dec.
- Trek Grade: Moderate to Strenuous
- Trek Style: Tea House Trek
- Journey Starts/ Ends: Kathmandu Nepal
- Culture: Tibetan Sherpa and Tamang Culture
- Accommodation: Comfortable hotels
- Group Size: Min.1 and above
The Langtang Valley Trekking is one of the most popular trekking routes in Nepal. Immediately after Annapurna and Everest region most of the tourists in Nepal flock to this region for adventure activities. Indeed it is easily accessible to Kathmandu that links Nepal’s Northern border with Tibet, China. Meanwhile this trekking route offers all the mountainous adventure and culture as it is home of some of the highest mountains in the world comprising legendary Sherpa dwellings down the line. Also Langtang Valley lies just about 130 km north of Kathmandu Valley. Equally important a traveler in Langtang region can experience trekking in exhilarating scenery of soaring peaks, glaciers and ancient monasteries as well.
Furthermore people living in highlands of Langtang Valley are ethnic Nepalese but being are descendant of Tibetan origin. In fact they look like very similar to the Tibetans. Moreover the varieties of rhododendron, bamboo forests, majestic waterfalls, and snow-capped Himalayas makes this trek one of truly diverse trek.
Itinerary of Langtang Valley Trekking
Arrival in Kathmandu (1,310m). Airport pickup from Tribhuwan International Airport and transfer to your hotel in Kathmandu.
Drive from Kathmandu to Syabru Besi (1,450m), 8 hrs by local bus. Overnight at tea house.
Trek from Syabru Besi to Lama Hotel (2,480m), 5-6 hrs trek. Overnight at tea house.
Trek from Lama Hotel to Langtang (3,541m), 5-6 hrs trek. Overnight at tea house.
Trek from Langtang valley to Kyanjing Gompa (3,900m), 5-6 hrs trek. Overnight at tea house.
Trek makes a day trip to Tserkuri (5033m) trek 5-6hrs. Later trek back to Kyingjing Gompa. Overnight at tea house.
Kyingjing Gompa trek to Lama Hotel (2,480m), trek 5-6 hrs. Overnight at tea house.
Trek from Lama Hotel to Syabrubesi (2,200m), trek 5-6 hrs. Overnight at tea house.
Drive to Kathmandu by local bus. Overnight at hotel on BB plan.
Departure from Kathmandu to your onward destination.
- Domestic Airport picks up & drop by private vehicle.
- Transportation from Kathmandu / Sybrubensi / Kathmandu by bus.
- 3 meals per day during the trek (breakfast, lunch and dinner) including tea or coffee.
- Accommodation on tea house during the trek.
- A 3-star hotel accommodation during Kathmandu stay.
- Accordingly an English speaking trekking guide and porter as required.
- All Government taxes.
- Langtang National park fees.
- Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) fees.
- First Aid kit.
- Guide and porter salary, accommodation, food, insurance during the trekking.
- Nepal Visa fee (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs).
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu.
- Excess baggage charges.
- Extra night accommodation/s in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from the mountain (due to any reason) than scheduled itinerary.
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu (also in case of return early from mountain than scheduled itinerary).
- Travel and rescue insurance.
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc).
- Tips for guides, porters and transport personnel.