Kanchenjunga Himal Trekking
Kanchanjunga is the majestic mountainous region in the eastern part of Nepal. ‘Kanchan’ means beautiful in Nepali and the third highest peak (8586m), is named as the most beautiful peak in the nation. The region is also one of the most loved trekking routes. This trek offers views of four of the world’s five highest mountains along the way including Mt. Everest, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Makalu and Mt. Kanchenjunga itself.
Kanchenjunga trekking is considered best during autumn and spring. Home to exotic species like elusive Snow Leopard, Himalayan Black Bear, Red Panda, Must Dear and exotic species of birds, Kanchanjunga is best to observe exhilarating natural beauty and ecological variety at once. It is comparatively less crowded region than other tourist destinations in Nepal offering rugged adventure. The region features a blend of Nepal’s ethnicities including Rai, Limbu, and Sunuwar collectively known as ‘Kirat’.
The trekking route of Kanchenjunga goes through the lowest valley in Nepal, Arun valley which is popular for the highest verities of the birds. Camping is ideal in this trek as there are no facilities of tea house or lodges. Kanchenjunga is considered one of the best trekking regions in Nepal with less crowd.
Drive from Kathmandu to Basantpur via Dharan(428m.), Dhankuta (1158m.) and Hille (1822m.) by bus.
Trek from Basantpur to Chauki (2400m.) takes about five and half hours.
Trek from Chauki to Gupha Pokhari (2940m.) and then to Gurja Gaon (2145m.) takes about five and half hours.
Trek from Gurja Gaon to Mitlung (1160m.) takes approximately five and a half hours.
Trek from Mitlung to Chirwa (1171m.) takes about five and half hours.
Trek from Chirwa to Sekathum (1635m.) takes about five and half hours.
Trek from Sekathum to Gyable (2785m.) takes about seven and a half hours.
Trek from Gyable to Ghunsa (3468m.) takes about six and half hours.
Rest day at Ghunsa for acclimatization.
Trek from Ghunsa to Kambachen (4124m.) takes about six and half hours.
Trek from Kambachen to Lhonak (4780m.) takes about six and half hours.
Trek from Lhonak to Pang Pema (5152m.) takes about three and a half hours.
Trek from Pangpema to Kanchanjunga (North) Base Camp (5280m.) to Lhonak approximately three and a half hours.
Trek from Lhonak to Ghunsa takes about five and half hours.
Trek from Gunsa to Amjilassa takes about six and half hours.
Trek from Amjilasa to Chirwa takes about five and half hours.
Trek from Chirwa to Linkhim.
Trek from Linkhim to Suketar.
Fly out from Suketar to Kathmandu via Biratnagar takes approximately 1 hour.
* Airport pick-up and drop-off services.
* Trekking permits.
* Entry permit for National Park/Conservation.
* Trekkers’ Information Management system (TIMS) card.
* Trekking Guide/s and Sherpa/s.
* Necessary porter/s.
* All meals three times a day (breakfast, lunch, and dinner)
* Camping or Lodge (Teahouse) accommodation
* Necessary camping equipment such as tents, mattresses, sleeping bags, down jackets, cooking utensils, etc.
* Cook and kitchen helpers
* Cooking fuel
* Camping charges
* All land transportation wherever applicable
* Flight: Kathmandu – Biratnagar – Taplejung /Suketar
* Flight: Biratnagar – Katmandu
* Insurance and equipment’s for all trekking staffs
* First aid kit
* farewell dinner in Kathmandu with a live cultural performance at an authentic Nepali restaurant
* All tax, VAT and company service charge.
* Breakfast Lunch and dinner during Kathmandu Stay.
* Clients’ travel insurance.
* Personal expenses such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, and mineral water etc.
* Personal trekking gear.
* Tips for trekking staffs and driver etc.
* All expenses which are not mentioned in price include section.