Kailash Pilgrimage & Lhasa Tour
- Durations:18 Days
- Price:On Request
- Max Elevation:5010 Meters
- Type of Tour: Budget / Private
- Location:Western Tibet
- Best Time to Visit: May to September
- Trek Grade:Easy/Hard
- Journey Starts / Ends: Kathmandu Nepal
- Culture : Based on Tibetian Sherpa
- Group Size:Min.1and Above
The mother of all holy places Mt. Kailash is the most sacred places on earth. For followers of Lord Shiva,This is the most important place . This holy mountain is to Hindus as Jokhang Temple is to Tibetan Buddhists or as Jerusalem is to followers of Christianity. The Mt. Kailash Yara, is a pilgrimage undertaken by those wishing to purify their soul through peace with themselves and the world around them. Pilgrims will trek around the base of Mt. Kailash, some devout pilgrims make the journey in one day. Tibetans who make this pilgrimage will leave behind an article of clothing, a lock of hair, or a stone to symbolize leaving behind prejudice and misperceptions of reality.
Itenary of Kailash Pilgrimage & Lhasa Tour
Day 01: KATHMANDU – NYLAM. (3750m)
Tour starts form Tashi Delek Nepal Treks office on early morning at 06:00. Drive to Dhulikhel, stop for breakfast and then again drive to Kodari which is 114 kms from Kathmandu takes 05-06hrs. Upon arrival our tour escort will help you to go through immigration formalities in Nepali part and after immigration formalities 03-04 minute walks to other side of the border i.e. Tibetan part, there will be our Tibetan Guide with 4WD Jeeps and supporting trucks takes you to Zhangmu (Tibetan town 09 km uphill drive form border.). At Zhangmu you again have to go through Chinese immigration formalities and there you will have your lunch and further drive to Nyalam (30 kms form Zhangmu takes 2 hrs uphill drive.) o/n in Guest house.
Day 02: NYALAM:
Rest day for acclimatization.
Day 03: NYAKAM – SAGA
After breakfast our journey start to Saga which is 06-08 hrs drive, 4050 m in elevation and over night in camp.
Day 04:SAGA – PARAYANG:
After early morning breakfast drive to Parayang, Which is 06-07 hrs drive and over night in camp.
Day 05: PARAYANG – MANASAROVAR:
Early morning drive to Manasorovar which takes 4-5 hours drive, 4550m in elevation and over night in camp.
Day 06: MANASAROVAR – DARCHEN:
Following breakfast at your hotel, head back to Delhi on an approximate seven- to eight-hour drive, stopping for lunch along the way at Neemrana Fort-Palace, perched on a plateau and surrounded by the Aravalli Mountains. Explore the fort, now converted into the Neemrana Fort Heritage Hotel, and enjoy an optional ride on the onsite zipline if you’d like (own expense).
Then, relax on the remainder of your air-conditioned drive to Delhi. After checking in at your hotel, rest during your free time and enjoy personal activities such as last minute shopping. Your driver will take you wherever you’d like to go (unaccompanied by your guide).
Day 07: DARCHEN – DIRAPUK:
After early morning breakfast trek starts (The Kora begins) and after 5 – 6 hours trek to Dirapuk, 4,890 m in elevation and overnight in camp.
Day 08: DIRAPUK – ZUTULPUK:
Parikrama contionues to Zutulpuk which will takes approximately 08 hours, 4,790m in elevation and overnight in camp.
Day 09: ZUTULPUK – DARCHEN – HORFE:
End treks at Darchen and drive to Horfe and over night in camp.
Day 10: HORFE – PARAYANG:
Drive back to Parayang and over night in camp.r
Day 11: PARAYANG – SAGA:
Drive to Saga and over night in camp.
Day 12: SAGA – LHATSE:
Drive to LHATSE and over night in G. house.
Day 13: LHATSE – SIGATSE (3,900M), 244KM , APPROX 06-08 HRS DRIVE.
Scenic drive through the highest point, Gyatchu La pass (5,220m) en route to Lhasa via Latse and Shakya Monastery . Overnight in hotel.
Day 14:XIGATSE –GYANTSE (3,950M), 90KM, APPROX 2 HRS DRIVE.
Morning sightseeing to the Panchen Lama’s Tashilumpu Monastery. Drive through the Tibet’s biggest Agricultural field to Gyantse and visit to the Kumbum Stupa & Palkor Monastery . Over night in Hotel.
Day 15: GYANTSE – LHASA (3650M):261 KM.
Full day picturesque drive along the turquoise lake Yamadrok, crossing over Kampala Pass (4794M) and the Brahma Putra river (Yarlung Tsangpo). Over night in hotel.
Day 16-17: IN LHASA.
Two full days sight seeing tour to Lhasa including JOKHANG TEMPLE, BARKHOR BAZAAR, POTATLA PALACE, DEPRUNG AND SERA MONASTERIES. Over night in Hotel.
Day 18: DAY 18: LHASA – KATHMANDU:
Fly back to Lhasa – Ktm. Early morning drive to Gongaar airport for departure flight to Kathamdu or to your onward destination.
Trip / Package Includes
* Transfer by 4wd Land Cruiser in Tibet part
* Supporting truck (For Two Pax group we use no truck)
* Tibet China visa fees
* English speaking loca Guide and Sherpa Staff
* Accommodation in tented camp and guest house.
* All freshly cooked meal by our cook and pack lunch during day (For Organized tour only) ( For tea house food will be served in local restaurant/guest house
* Monastery Entrance fees
* All Sight seeing by English speaking Tibetan guide
* All camping and cooking equipment such as two men tent, dinning tent, kitchen utensils, toilet tents, sleeping mattresses, camp chairs tables, all food stuff (For Organized tour only).
* TTB permit and Kailash permit
* Yak and Yak man during Kailash kora for transportation of food and equipment
Trip / Package Excludes
* Nepal re-entry visa fees
* Lunch and dinner after Lhatse onward during Lhasa tour
* Sleeping Bag and Down Jacket
* Insurance of any kind
* Expenses of personal nature
* All expensive which not mention in include section
* Emergency evacuation Cost
* Extra cost of US$ 10-20 in case of land slide in Nepal portion for extra transportation