Duration: 11 Days
Price: On Request
Max Elevation: 3,850 Meters
Trek Grade: Medium
Trek Style: Tea House Trek
Journey Starts/Ends: Kathmandu, Nepal
Best Season: March to May, and Sep to Dec
Culture: Mixed culture with Gurungs & Thakalis
Group Size: Min.1 and Above
Jomsom Trekking Description
Jomsom is one of the most important religious sites in Nepal Himalaya, also popular for its landscape features and Himalayan views in Annapurna Himalayan range. It commences with a 30 minutes of early flight to Jomsom (major trading center in lower Mustang), from Jomson head north to Kagbeni. Kagbeni is an ancient fortress settlement on the border of Upper Mustang which is geographically on the edge of Tibetan Plateau. It is a four hours hike through arid country to Muktinath Temple. It is worth to retrace for an hour more to Jharkot village rather spending a night at Muktinath.
Jomsom Trekking Itinerary
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu [1300 m / 4264 ft] Upon your arrival in the Kathmandu airport (KTM) you will be then transferred to Hotel for our representative . After check in, you can either take a rest, hang around in the city.
Day 02: Kathmandu to Pokhara Drive or Fly
This is our starting day for trip ,we an reach beautiful place Pokhara by 30 min. fly or 6 hrs drive.
Day 03: Pokhara to Jomsom (3850m,)30 min fly
Fly to Jomsom & sightseeing around Jomsom. The Kaligandaki valley here is called the Thakkhola, after the native Thakalis, who are distantly related to the Tibetans.
Day 04: Jomsom to Kalopani (2560m) 3-4 hrs
Descend to Marpha, a lovely village of whitewashed houses and fertile fields. Continue down the Kali Gandaki reaching the former Thakali trading center of Tukuche. As the trail continues, the Himalayan rain shadow blends into coniferous forest, and we reach the main river valley and Kalopani (2560m.) From here there are spectacular 360 degree views of Dhaulagiri and the Annapurna.
Day 05: Kalopani toTatopani (1200m ) 4-5 hrs
A beautiful walk, with another transition into sub-tropical vegetation and the return of water buffalo, banyan trees and poinsettias. The trail follows the river through a narrow gorge, and descends to cross a bridge near a spectacular waterfall, before winding through the valley to Tatopani. The hot water springs that give the village its name provide the perfect opportunity for a good ‘scrub.’
Day 06: Ghorepani to Tadapani (2670m) 5-7 hrs
Weak up early morning and climb up to Pun hill from where can see from Dhaulagiri range to Ganesh Himal range. During the Sun rise panoramic views with colorful mountains. Again walk down to hotel and after breakfast walk up hill towards Tadapani. Climb with Mountain views again through Rhododendron forest. After the top path goes along the ridge and Trail descends steeply through dense moss-covered forest rich with bird life. A short early-morning climb to the Deurali pass for a spectacular panorama over Dhaulagiri and Annapurna, and to Tadapani for beautiful sunset views of Annapurna South and Machhapuchhare.
Day 07: Tadapani to Ghandrung (1950m) 4-5hrs
Trail descends along the dense moss-covered forest rich with bird life. A short walk to Ghandruk, which is a big village of Gurungs and ACAP office, gives you more affirmations. Just from village spectacular panoramic view of the Annapurna south, Himchuli and Machhapuchhare.
Day 08: Ghandrung to Dhampus 4-5hrs
The path descends for about 2 hours, before climbing steeply to another Gurung village, Landrung. We then follow the hillside south to the Dhampus. The mountain views are superb and far away to the south lies Fewa Tal (lake.) We continue down the ridge to the village of Dhampus, from where the mountains still enchant.
Day 09: Dhampus to Phedi – Pokhara
Steep descent through the river valley to Phedi, then drive to Pokhara.
Day 10: Flyback to Kathmandu. Overnight in Hotel
Day 11: Fly Home: Farewell Friend
- All airport/hotel transfers.
- Three nights in star hotel in Kathmandu two nights in star hotel in Pokhara with breakfast.
- Farewell dinner.
- All accommodation and meals during the trek.
- A full day sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley including tour guide.
- Domestic flights (Pokhara – Jomsom – Pokhara) and airport departure taxes.
- Kathmandu – Pokhara – Kathmandu transport via Tourist bus.
- An experienced English-speaking trek leader (trekking guide), assistant trek leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide) and Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter) including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging.
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag and trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion).
- A comprehensive medical kit.
- All necessary paper work and permits (ACAP and Upper Mustang special trekking permit).
- Nepal Visa fee (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu.
- Excess baggage charges.
- Extra night accommodation/s in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from the mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu (also in case of early return from the mountain than scheduled itinerary).
- Travel and rescue insurance.
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc).
- Tips for guides and porters.