Island Peak Climbing
- Durations :16 Days
- Price:On Request
- Max Elevation:5600 Meters
- Types of Trek: Camping/Tea House
- Trek Grade:Medium / Hard
- Journey Strats / Ends: Kathmandu Nepal
- Culture: Based on Sherpa Buddhism
- Group Size:Min.2 and Above
- Best Season: Sep to Nov and March to May
The ‘Imja Tse’ more popular as Island Peak because of its island like view in the snowcapped vistas is one the most popular and most climbed peaks in Nepal. Mostly the climbers choose Island Peak for preparation climb prior to Mount Lhotse and Mount Everest in the Khumbu Region. In the Island Peak just 10 km away from the Mt Everest, the highest peak of the world; the climbers encounter snow gully, glaciers and astonishing ice slopes. The trek fulfills the desire of every amateur and passionate climbers, it gives you the lifetime experience of climbing trip beyond simply trekking experience. Its richness in Buddhism culture also allows you to explore the taste of culture and historical traditions.
Itenary of Island Peak Climbing
Arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu and transfer you to your hotel by private vehicle.
Fly to Lukla (2,800m/9,184ft) then trek to Phakding (2,652m/8,700ft): 40 min flight, 3-4 hours trek, Overnight at Lodge.
Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3,440m/11,283ft): 5-6 hours trekking, Overnight at Lodge.
Namche Bazaar (3,440 m/11,283 ft): Acclimatization Day
Namche Bazaar to Tengboche (3,870m/12,694ft) 5- 6 hours trekking, Overnight at Lodge.
Tengboche to Dingboche (4,360 m/14,300 ft): 5 to 6 hours trekking, Overnight at Lodge.
Dingboche to Chhukung (4,730m/15,518ft): 3-4 hours trekking, Overnight at Lodge.
Acclimatization: Climb Chhukung Ri (5,546m) and trek back to Chhukung: 3 – 4 hours trekking, Overnight at Lodge.
Chhukung to Island Peak Base camp (5,200m/17,060ft): 3-4 hours trekking, overnight at Tent.
Pre-Climb training on Island Peak Base Camp .
Island Peak Base Camp to Summit and back to Base Camp(5,600m/18,372ft) 10-12 hours.
Island Peak Base Camp to Pangboche (3,985m/13,074ft) 5-6 hours Overnight at Lodge.
Pangboche to Namche Bazaar: 4-5 hours Overnight at Lodge.
Namche Bazaar to Lukla: 6-7 hours Overnight at Lodge
Fly to Kathmandu
Drop you off at Tribhuvan International Airport by private vehicle.
Trip / Package Includes
* KTM International Airport Arrival & Departure Transfer by Private Comfortable Car/van/ Hiace.
* 4 Nights Accommodations on B/B Plan Twin Sharing in Kathmandu at standard hotel.
* Round Trip( KATHMANDU-LUKLA- KATHMANDU) Flight fare for Guests & Guide with all taxes.
* English Speaking experienced Sherpa Govt. Trained/Licensed Holder Guide for whole Trek & island Peak climbing guide.
* Porter (1 porter Between 2 Person basis, Max 30 KGS per Porter) for Whole Trek guide.
* Everest National Park Trek Permit, TIMS card & Any required permits or Official Documentation.
* Full Board basis Meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner With tea/coffe ) as per above Itinerary.
* Accommodations in Twin Sharing during Trek.
* Insurance, Daily Wages, Equipments and all meals & Lodges of Porters and Guide in Whole Trek.
* Sightseeing in Kathmandu City (Swayambu nath, Buddha nath Stupa, Kumari temple/durbar square & paten durbar squrae by tour guide and car/driver( 5-6 hrs tour).
* First Aid Kid Box( for Normal Treatment only).
* Island peak Expedition Permit fees.
* Equipments Charge of Climbing Sherpa.
* Garbage Clearance Deposit to NMA( we will pay our self for this Deposit).
* 2 Nights Tented Accommodation, all meals during climbing, kitchen utensils, cooking Equipments.
* Government taxes & Other Applicable Fees.
* Sleeping bag,down jacket,walking stick,water bottel.
Trip / Package Excludes
* Nepal Visa fee (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs)
* International airfare to and from Kathmandu.
* Travel & Health Insurance- Emergency Helicopter Rescue Insurance (Most recommended
* Extra night accommodation/s in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from the mountain(due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
* Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu(and also in the case you return early from the mountain than the scheduled itinerary).
* Any Alcoholic Drinks, Cold Drinks, Boiled & Mineral Water, Beverages, deserts Etc in Trek
* Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc).
* Tips for guides and porters.
* Hot Shower, Battery Charges( Available in Trek with Extra cost or Free in some lodges).
* Unforeseen Cost such as Flight Cancellation or Delayed, Sick in Trek, and Helicopter rescue in Trek. Cost due to bad weather etc which is out of our control.
* Any Other Cost, which is not mentioned in Cost Includes Items as Above
* Climbing Gears Full Set( Ropes, Plastic Boot, Ice- Axe, Safety belt, Caravinas, Gaiters,Jumar, 8 fingers & all necessary Equipments for Climbing