Mera Peak Climbing
- Durations: 17 Days
- Price:On Request
- Max Elevation:6,654 Meters
- Types of Trek: Camping/Tea House
- Trek Grade:Medium / Hard
- Activity: Trekking + Climbing
- Journey Starts / Ends: Katmandu Nepal
- Culture: Based on Sherpa Buddhism Tibetan
- Group Size:Min.2 and Above
- Best Season: Sep to Nov and March to May
Mera Peak (6,476 m/21,247 ft) is the highest trekking peak Nepal that offers astonishing panorama of five highest (above 8,000 m) peaks in the world. Residing in the home region of 5 of world’s 8,000 meter peaks; Mt Kangchenjunga, Mt Makalu, Mt Lhotse and the highest Mt Everest along with Mt Cho Oyu; Mera Peak is classified as a trekking peak. Mera peak is often divided as Mera North (6,476 m/ 21,247 ft); Mera Central (6,461 m/ 21,198 ft); and Mera South (6,065 m/ 19,898 ft). Mera peak rises the south of Everest considered as one of the major and well known peaks in Nepal. The area is among less frequently visited places where you may find many undisturbed region of Nepal and wide canopy of dense forest on hills. There are several approaches to Mera Peak Base camp besides the normal easy route.
Itenary of Mera Peak Climbing
Arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu and transfer you to your hotel by private vehicle.
Flight from Kathmandu to Lukla(2800m) and spend the rest of the day in Lukla for acclimatization ,accommodation at tea house
Trek from Lukla to Chutanga(3050m),4-5hrs trekking.
Trek from Chutanga to Tuli Kharka (Chatra-La) (3900m),5-6hrs trekking. You trek via Zatrawa La Pass (4610m) and downclimb to Khartitang at 3900m.
Trek from Tuli Kharka to Kothe (4095m), 4-5hrs
Trek from Kothe to Tangnang (4,350m),4-5hrs trekking.We will enjoy fantastic view of south face of Mera Peak throughout the day.
Rest and acclimatization day at Thangnak. In the day you will visit Sabal Tsho Lake and take an acclimatization hike to the cairn (5271m) on the flank of Kusum Kangguru (6367m).
Trek from Tangnang to Khare (5,045m),4-5hrs trekking.
Trek and climb from Khare to Mera Base Camp (5300m)4-5hrs trekking.
Trek and climb from Mera Base Camp to High camp (5,780m): 4-5hrs trekking
Mera High Camp to Summit (6,654m) and return to Khare.
Trek from Khare to Kothe (3600m),4-5hrs trekking.
Trek from Kothe to Thuli Kharka,4-5hrs trekking.
Thuli Kharka to Lukla: via Zatrwa La pass.
Early in the morning fly from Lukla to Kathmandu, which takes about 35 minutes, transfer to hotel.
After breakfast sightseeing major world heritage sights in Kathamdu
Drop you off at Tribhuvan International Airport by private vehicle.
Trip / Package Includes
* KTM International Airport Arrival & Departure Transfer by Private Comfortable Car/van/ Hiace.
* 3 Nights Accommodations on B/B Plan Twin Sharing in Kathmandu at standard hotel.
* Round Trip( KATHMANDU-LUKLA- KATHMANDU) Flight fare for Guests & Guide with all taxes.
* English Speaking experienced Sherpa Govt. Trained/Licensed Holder Guide for whole Trek & island Peak climbing guide.
* Porter (1 porter Between 2 Person basis, Max 30 KGS per Porter) for Whole Trek guide.
* Full board Accommodation of Lodges, Guesthouses
* Full Board basis Meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner With tea/coffe ) as per above Itinerary.
* Surface transportation as per Itinerary.
* Insurance, Daily Wages, Equipments and all meals & Lodges of Porters and Guide in Whole Trek.
* Sightseeing in Kathmandu City (Swayambu nath, Buddha nath Stupa, Kumari temple/durbar square & paten durbar squrae by tour guide and car/driver( 5-6 hrs tour).
* Necessary fixed and dynamic ropes and kitchen crew/First Aid kit).
* NMA Climbing permit for Mera peak and Trekking Permit and TIMS card will be provided.
* Experience and Government license holder climbing Sherpa guide as per group size
* Equipments Charge of Climbing Sherpa.
* Garbage Clearance Deposit to NMA( we will pay our self for this Deposit).
* Farewell Dinner in Kathmandu before departure from Kathmandu.
* Government taxes & Other Applicable Fees.
* High altitude food and all climbing crew will be available
Trip / Package Excludes
* Nepal Visa fee (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs)
* International airfare to and from Kathmandu.
* Travel & Health Insurance- Emergency Helicopter Rescue Insurance (Most recommended)
* Extra night accommodation/s in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from the mountain(due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
* Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu(and also in the case you return early from the mountain than the scheduled itinerary).
* Any Alcoholic Drinks, Cold Drinks, Boiled & Mineral Water, Beverages, deserts Etc in Trek
* Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc).
* Tips for guides and porters.
* Hot Shower, Battery Charges( Available in Trek with Extra cost or Free in some lodges).
* Unforeseen Cost such as Flight Cancellation or Delayed, Sick in Trek, and Helicopter rescue in Trek. Cost due to bad weather etc which is out of our control.
* Any Other Cost, which is not mentioned in Cost Includes Items as Above